(News Release) Today the Bojangles' on South Irby Street in Florence presented dozens of books to six local District Teachers of the Year. This donation event is one of 14 planned for this year, and is part of Bojangles' ongoing partnership with South Carolina Future Minds, which is designed to support teachers across the state who make a positive impact on their students and the future of South Carolina through their commitment to education.
Teachers honored at today's event included:
- Chesterfield County District Teacher of the Year Robert Bollier, from Cheraw High School
- Florence 1 District Teacher of the Year Alisa Hobgood, from West Florence High School
- Florence 3 District Teacher of the Year Glenn Matthews, from Ronald E. McNair Middle School
- Florence 4 District Teacher of the Year Ericka Bennett, from Brockington Elementary School
- Florence 5 District Teacher of the Year Melissa Timmons, from Johnsonville High School
- Williamsburg County District Teacher of the Year Jonathan Chandler, from Williamsburg County Magnet and D. P. Cooper Elementary School
“Bojangles' is proud to continue supporting education initiatives in the Palmetto State,” said Bojangles' President and CEO Randy Kibler. “Partnering with South Carolina Future Minds and the Teacher of the Year program for the fourth consecutive year gives us the opportunity to thank South Carolina's outstanding teachers for their dedication to the nearly 700,000 students currently enrolled in the public education system.”
This year Bojangles' will be donating nearly 3,000 books in honor of District Teachers of the Year, and since 2010 the company has donated more than 12,000 books to public schools across the state. In addition, Bojangles' treated these great teachers as well as their colleagues, friends, family and students to Bojangles' delicious chicken, made-from-scratch buttermilk biscuits, one-of-a-kind fixin's, Legendary Iced Tea® and delectable sweet treats like Bo-Berry Biscuits®.
Founded in 1977 in Charlotte, N.C., Bojangles' Restaurants Inc. serves all of its proprietary menu items, such as made-from-scratch buttermilk biscuits, Legendary Iced Tea®, delicious fixin's and specially seasoned, never frozen fried chicken. Bojangles' boasts more than 540 locations in 10 states, primarily in the Southeast, and the District of Columbia as well as two international restaurants.
About South Carolina Future Minds
In addition to organizing the annual Teacher of the Year Celebration, South Carolina Future Minds serves as the main charitable vehicle for the 700,000 children in South Carolina's public schools. The foundation organizes efforts to recruit, retain and support amazing teachers, strengthens and creates local education foundations and operates as the conduit for corporate and individual gifts to strengthen public schools. More information is available at http://www.scfutureminds.org/.