The Police Chief of the town of Latta has been fired, according to a town leader.
Police Chief Crystal Moore was let go, councilman Jared Taylor told WBTW-TV on Tuesday afternoon.
Moore became the department's first female chief in March 2012.
That year, Moore was a 23-year veteran of the department. On Tuesday, many residents showed up at the police station when Moore left at the end of the work day.
Some of those showed support for Moore.
Taylor says Moore received 7 reprimands and that's why the town let her go.
Taylor released those alleged reprimands to WBTW.
The allegations are:
1. Running background checks without properly signed authorization
2. Failure to report to supervisor about problems in other departments
3. Using office/position to seek revenge against another for personal affront
4. Questioning authority of supervisor
5. Questioning authority of mayor to look at job applications for potential employees
6. Failure to maintain order, contributing to disorder at council meetings
7. Contacting news media to help bring about disorder and disruption to the town of Latta