Conway, SC (PRESS RELEASE) – (All classes and events are held at Conway Medical Center unless noted otherwise)
- BirthPlace Tours are held every Sunday at 2 p.m. and are conducted by dedicated staff; registration is requested if at all possible. Your family is welcome to attend with you and see firsthand what we have to offer! Contact Number- 843-347-8108
- Childbirth Class– July 25, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Conway Medical Center holds childbirth classes every month on specific Saturdays. You should begin your childbirth classes during your 7th or 8th month of pregnancy. Class content will include anatomy/physiology, stages of labor, pain management, breathing/relaxation techniques, postpartum care, breastfeeding, and newborn topics. Contact Number- 843-347-8108
- Breastfeeding Class –July 7, 7-9 p.m. All classes are held monthly in Private Dining Room #2 located in the hospital and are free of charge. Taught by a registered nurse who is also a Lactation Consultant, classes are open to those expecting as well as those who have already delivered their baby. Babies and a partner are welcome to attend! Contact Number- 843-347-8108
- Breast Cancer Support Group – July 14, 5:30 p.m. held at CMC Outpatient Diagnostic Center, 801 Farrar Dr. Contact Number- 843-234-7309
- Joint Replacement Seminar –July 9, 12 p.m. Join us for a free seminar on the latest advances in joint replacement including the anterior approach to hip replacement. Fellowship trained surgeons will discuss treatment options as well as answer any questions you may have. A complimentary lunch will be served. Presented by Dr. Peter Ramsey at CMC Auditorium. Contact Number- 843-347-8108
- Shoulder Pain & Treatment Options- July 15, 12 p.m. Join us for a free informational seminar to discuss how you can get relief from should pain. Presented by Dr. Todd Tupis. A complimentary lunch will be served. Held at CMC Auditorium. Contact Number 843-347-8108.
- Diabetes Support Group– July 27, 6 p.m. “Diabetes Medicines” presented Elizabeth Commander, RN, CDE. Held in CMC Nursing Classroom. Contact Number 843-347-8013
- Spine Seminar– July 10, 12 p.m. This informational seminar will cover understanding back and neck pain and learning about relief options. A complimentary meal will be served. Presented by Dr. Erkan Alci at CMC Auditorium. Contact Number-843-347-8108
- Weight Loss Surgery Seminar– July 14, 6 p.m. An orientation to explain the weight loss procedures offered at Conway medical Center as well as risk factors and time to answer any questions. An information packet is provided with a step-by-step guide and checklist on how to proceed. Presented by Dr. Morris Washington at CMC Auditorium. Contact Number- 843-347-8108
- Weight Loss Support Group –July 21, 6:30 p.m. Issues in Post-Surgical Adjustments, presented by Dr. Deborah Tyler, Psychologist. Held at CMC Auditorium. Contact Number- 843-234-6686
- Heartsaver® CPR AED – July 14, 1 p.m. This class is a classroom, video-based, instructor-led course that teaches students critical skills needed to respond to and manage a, choking or sudden cardiac arrest emergency in the first few minutes until emergency medical services (EMS) arrives. This course also teaches adult CPR and AED use. Cost is $45 Contact Number 843-234-5019
- CMC Auxiliary Fundraiser-Used Purse and Wallet Sale- July 16-17, 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Pick up some “new to you” gently used wallets and purses. Held in Private Dining Rooms at CMC. Contact Number 843-347-5895
- Safe Sitter® -July 21, 8:30 a.m.-3 p.m. at CMC Administrative Services Auditorium. Safe Sitter® is a medically-accurate instruction series that teaches boys and girls ages 11-13 how to handle emergencies when caring for young children. Safe Sitters® learn basic life saving techniques, safety precautions to prevent accidents, how and when to summon for help, and tips on basic child care. Cost- $50 Contact Number 843-234-5019.
- South Carolina Witness Project Witness Training– July 24 & July 25, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. July 24 training held at CMC Administrative Services Building Auditorium, July 25 training held at Bethel AME Church, 7113 Highway 908, Britton’s Neck. CMC Foundation and SC Witness Project are looking for women to be trained at witnesses to help educate their community on the importance of being screened for breast cancer. This training will teach African American women how to raise awareness about breast and cervical cancer and help to increase participation in preventative screenings among African American women.
Wakeup Call with Calvin- June 30-July 23, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5:15-6 a.m. This early morning workout designed for the early riser to boost metabolism with TRX, body weight, dumbbell, and medicine ball exercises. Sprints will be added to keep the heart rate up to burn max calories. Cost- Members- $80 & Community- $120. Contact Number 843-347-1515