Fireworks possible cause of Myrtle Beach weekend fire

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WBTW ) – Myrtle Beach Fire Rescue says a fire that occurred Sunday morning off of Mr. Joe White Avenue may be the result of fireworks.

Emergency crews with Myrtle Beach Fire Rescue responded to a structure fire on Sunday morning.

Officials say it happened around 8 a.m. Sunday morning at 600 Mr. Joe White Avenue. Upon arrival crews found smoke and flames showing from the exterior of a multi-story building.

Lt. Christian Sliker says the fire was accidental, but was “possibly due to fireworks.” Officials say no one was inside at the time of the fire. Crews quickly extinguished the fire and began salvage and overhaul.

Myrtle Beach Fire Department Battalion Chief Bruce Arnel adds, “It’s possible that this fire was the result of fireworks. We found evidence of this near the structure and witnesses told us that fireworks were being used in the area late into the night and early morning.”

The American Red Cross is responding to help those who had to be relocated due to the fire.

 

Comments are closed.