Lake City, SC (PRESS RELEASE) – Florence County School District Three will hold registration for the 2015-2016 school year for all students (returning or new to district) in grades 5K-12 on Wednesday, July 29, from 7 a.m.- 5 p.m. and Thursday, July 30, from 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
Lake City Early Childhood Center and Main Street Elementary School students will register in the gym at Main Street Elementary. All other students will register at the individual schools for which they are zoned.
When registering their children, parents are required to provide photo identification, such as a driver’s license, and a current electricity bill as proof of residency. If the utility bill is not in the parent’s name, the parent must provide a notarized document that verifies residency.
Students entering five-year-old kindergarten and seventh grade, as well as students new to the district, are required to provide proof of immunization. Among the changes for required immunizations are:
- 11th grade has been added to the requirement for four (4) doses of diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis.
- 1st grade has been added to the requirement for (2) doses of Varicella. A child with a positive history of the disease is considered immune and is exempt from this requirement.
- 3rd grade has been added to the requirement for three (3) doses of oral and/or inactivated Polio vaccine with at least one (1) dose received on or after the fourth birthday.
- 9th grade has been added to the requirement for (1) Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis) booster. Tdap is routinely administered at 11-12 years of age; however, a dose administered on or after the seventh birthday will meet this requirement.
- A hepatitis B third dose minimum age and interval has been added to school attendance minimum requirements (third dose received >24 weeks of age and at least 16 weeks after the first dose).
All students attending Florence County School District Three for the first time are required by state law to provide a long form birth certificate. Parents can get a copy of the long form birth certificate from the Department of Health and Environmental Control at 1705 West Evans Street in Florence.
All necessary forms for student registration, including the DHEC form for ordering a long form birth certificate, are available on the district’s website at www.florence3.k12.sc.us.
Schools will charge a supplies fee for all students registering for school. The supplies fee is $20 for elementary students, $25 for middle school students and $25 for high school students. Other fees for middle schools include $15 for a PE uniform and $25 for a yearbook (optional). Other high school fees include $5 for PE and optional fees for parking ($15) and yearbook ($65).
For a $2.50 processing fee, parents may pay school fees on-line. Access each location’s e-School Payments feature on the school’s website, located on the right-hand side of the front page. Parents who choose to use this method should print their receipt and/or confirmation email and bring to registration to present as proof of payment.