Conway, SC – Conway Medical Center will hold several events in September.
- BirthPlace Tours are held every Sunday at 2 p.m. and are conducted by dedicated staff; registration is requested if at all possible. Your family is welcome to attend with you and see firsthand what we have to offer! Contact Number- 843-347-8108
- Childbirth Class– September 26, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Conway Medical Center holds childbirth classes every month on specific Saturdays. You should begin your childbirth classes during your 7th or 8th month of pregnancy. Class content will include anatomy/physiology, stages of labor, pain management, breathing/relaxation techniques, postpartum care, breastfeeding, and newborn topics. Contact Number- 843-347-8108
- Breastfeeding Class –September 1, 7-9 p.m. All classes are held monthly in Private Dining Room #2 located in the hospital and are free of charge. Taught by a registered nurse who is also a Lactation Consultant, classes are open to those expecting as well as those who have already delivered their baby. Babies and a partner are welcome to attend! Contact Number- 843-347-8108
- Breast Cancer Support Group – September 8, 5:30 p.m. held at CMC Outpatient Diagnostic Center, 801 Farrar Dr. Contact Number- 843-234-7309
- Joint Replacement Seminar –September 16, 12 p.m. Join us for a free seminar on the latest advances in joint replacement including the anterior approach to hip replacement. Fellowship trained surgeons will discuss treatment options as well as answer any questions you may have. A complimentary lunch will be served. Presented by Dr. Kevin Bunn at CMC Auditorium. Contact Number- 843-347-8108
- Diabetes Support Group– September 28, 6 p.m. Patient Testimonials Held in CMC Nursing Classroom. Contact Number 843-347-8013
- Spine Seminar– September 10, 12 p.m. This informational seminar will cover understanding back and neck pain and learning about relief options. A complimentary meal will be served. Presented by Dr. Erkan Alci at CMC Auditorium. Contact Number-843-347-8108
- Weight Loss Support Group –September 15, 6:30 p.m. “Variety is the spice of life! Trying new, trendy foods that are good for you!” Held at CMC Auditorium. Contact Number- 843-234-6686
- W.A.K.E. Sleep Disorders Support Group– September 15, 5:30 p.m. This group is for those who suffer from sleep apnea and its purpose is to give them the tools to manage their own health successfully. Held in Private Dining Room #2.Contact Number 843-234-5166
- Prostate Screening- September 16, 5 p.m. – Atlantic Urology Clinics at Carolina Forest, 199 Village Center Blvd., Suite 100, Myrtle Beach. Contact Number- 843-399-9690. Screenings are $20 and include a digital exam and a PSA laboratory blood test. Must call for appointment.
- (All classes and events are held at Conway Medical Center unless noted otherwise)
CMC Auxiliary Fund Raiser- Craft Bazaar & Bake Sale- September 24 & 25, 7 a.m.-4 p.m. in CMC Private Dining Rooms. All handmade items including quilts, knitted and crocheted items, blankets, jewelry, flower arrangements, baby sweater sets and more.
Contact number 843-234-5469
Mobile Health Services
All Healthreach mobile services offer the following FREE screenings: blood pressure, finger stick full lipid panel to include: total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, Triglycerides and blood sugar.
September 3, 7:30-9:30 a.m. – Nye’s Pharmacy, 1600 10th Ave. Conway, 29526
September 10, 7:30-9:30 a.m. – Vanessa’s Grocery, 5671 Hwy 19 Conway, 29526
September 11, 7:30-9:30 a.m. – Pee Dee Exchange, 6450 Hwy 378, Conway, 29527
** Fasting is required for all screenings
For more information on screenings call 843-347-8068 or 843-234-5019. Healthreach is funded by donations from the Conway Medical Center Foundation.
—The information in the article above is from a Press Release.