Toddler girl saves mom from SC house fire

GREENVILLE, S.C. — A toddler’s actions during a house fire may have been what saved her mother’s life.

On Tuesday afternoon, firefighters were called to a fire at a mobile home park on Buckhorn Road, a couple of miles north of Greenville.

The fire was ruled accidental and started around 11:30 a. m.

The blaze was sparked when an extension cord attached to a space heater caught on fire, which in turn caught the living room and kitchen on fire.

When firefighters got there, flames were coming from the windows and front door of the house, but they were able to put it out quickly.

A 2-year-old and her mother were in the house at the time of the fire, and the toddler was near the space heater when it caught fire.

The toddler was able to make her way to the bedroom and woke her mother up in time for them to escape through a back door.

The home is not in livable condition because of smoke and water damage.

Comments are closed.