MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – Spring and summer can be a popular time for many homes to go on the market, and many homeowners have trouble setting their homes apart from other listings.
Professional home stager Charity Keefer with Showhomes Grand Strand joined News13 NOW at 9 a.m. on Thursday to give some advice on how to stage a home so it will sell more quickly.
Watch the video for her description of the “Three D’s” to get your home ready to sell. You’ll also see before and after examples.
Other details Keefer provided from the Real Estate Staging Association (RESA) are below:
- Professionally staged homes stand out to both buyers as well as agents representing buyers
- Professionally staged homes present as “well-maintained” and “move-in” ready – very important to today’s buyer.
- Homes that were on the market prior to staging and then professionally staged were on the market 72% less time.
- Homes that were staged prior to entering the market sold 87% faster than if staged post-market.
- Staging is effective at any price point.
- Pictures bring buyers and staged homes present better in photographs
- Home updates including flooring, paint, and lighting can provide a 3 fold return on investment at closing.