MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – For those whose driver’s license is suspended, this is the week you might be able to get it cleared up in South Carolina.
From March 14-18, the South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles hosts Driver Suspension Eligibility Week. During this time frame, drivers may be able to get their suspension times cut or cleared altogether.
Not all suspended drivers qualify for the process, however. Those to be considered are:
- Drivers under 18 suspended for too many points
- Suspended for operating an unlicensed taxi or vehicle
- Operating an uninsured vehicle they didn’t own and
- Allowing operation of an uninsured vehicle
- Drivers suspended for driving under suspension, but no alcohol or drug related convictions
To qualify, drivers must also meet all the conditions and pay all the fees associated with the suspension. To apply, visit your local DMV office.