MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – A SWAT raid of a Myrtle Beach apartment Tuesday morning put multiple people behind bars, but police are still searching for one suspect.
Deputy Commander Dean Bishop with the 15th Circuit Drug Enforcement says Myrtle Beach SWAT, the FBI and the Drug Enforcement Unit worked on the narcotics investigation for weeks before raiding an apartment on Yaupon Drive around 8:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Myrtle Beach SWAT was used for entry force of apartment #3 at 1200 Yaupon Drive. Deputy Commander Bishop adds agents had arrest warrants for Lamont Tisdale and David Tisdale, believed to be brothers, regarding information the two were selling crack cocaine. David Tisdale was taken into custody Tuesday morning, but agents are still searching for Lamont Tisdale.
Deputy Commander Bishop says agents with the DEU were contacted by an attorney representing Lamont Tisdale who says the wanted man plans to turn himself into police, but did not give a day or time when Tisdale will surrender. The DEU agent referred the lawyer to the solicitor’s office.
Lamont Tisdale spent nearly four months in jail from April 20, 2015 to August 14, 2015 on charges of assault while resisting arrest, failure to appear, possession of crack, possession with intent to distribute heroin, and possession with intent to distribute LSD, according to J. Reuben Detention Center online booking records.
When agents arrived on scene, they found six adults in the apartment, five males and one female, all of whom were arrested.
- Shena Finley, 32, is charged with possession with intent to distribute cocaine and unlawful neglect of a child.
- David Tisdale, 29, is charged with five counts of distribution of crack, five counts of distributing in close proximity to a school or park, possession with intent to distribute cocaine and unlawful neglect of a child.
- Markis Tisdale, 23, is charged with possession with intent to distribute cocaine.
- Tysheem Walters, 19, is charged with possession with intent to distribute cocaine.
- Dewayne Patterson, 24, is charged with possession with intent to distribute cocaine.
- James Tisdale, 20, is charged with possession with intent to distribute cocaine.
Arrests in Myrtle Beach SWAT raid
Arrests in Myrtle Beach SWAT raid x
Agents also discovered two 1-year-old children in the home, both of whom were taken into custody by the Department of Social Services, Deputy Commander Bishop adds.
Agents seized crack cocaine, marijuana, multiple prescription drugs, and a gun, says Deputy Commander Bishop, although the exact amounts of each drug was not immediately known.
Anyone with information related to the whereabouts of Lamont Tisdale is asked to contact the local law enforcement or the Myrtle Beach Police Department at 843-918-1300.