SC daycare cited after infant choked, died while eating lunch

Google image

GREENVILLE, SC – Creative Kids daycare in Greenville has been cited twice for improper preparation of food and inadequate supervision following the investigation into a child’s death, according to DSS.

They say the center was placed under a corrective action plan which includes a health and nutrition consultant.

A one-year-old girl, Sydney Ryan Alongio died after choking on food at the daycare earlier in May.

The coroner’s office says the lunch menu that day included meat balls.

Two adults were caring for the child along with ten other children in the toddler room of the day care facility.

The daycare attempted CPR and the Heimlich maneuver on the child before deputies and EMS arrived.

Alongio was taken by EMS to the Pediatric Emergency Room of the Children’s Hospital at Greenville Memorial Hospital.

The child was pronounced dead there just before noon Wednesday.

DSS released the following statement:

“The Department of Social Services works to ensure the safety of children in child care facilities. Following an investigation, Creative Kids was cited twice for improper preparation of food and inadequate supervision. The center was placed under a stringent corrective action plan which includes a Health and Nutrition Consultant.”

Comments are closed.