Firefighters respond to electrical fire at Florence hotel

fire

FLORENCE, SC (WBTW) – The West Florence Fire Department responded to a fire at the Ramada Inn Wednesday around 11:30 a.m.

According to Captain Anthony Fox, two engines and six firefighters arrived at West Lucas Street and found a fire in the electrical room.

Fox says the fire was contained to the room of origin and appeared to have been caused by an electrical failure inside the building.

There were no guests inside the building at the time and there were not reported injuries.

As of noon, West Florence firefighters were still on the scene waiting for the power company.

Comments are closed.