FLORENCE, SC (WBTW) – On Wednesday, officials at the Florence Civic Center announced that Thursday night’s Toby Keith concert has been postponed.
“Due to the growing concerns of fuel shortages and gas price increases in the Southeast, the Toby Keith performance originally scheduled for September 22, 2016 at the Florence Civic Center has been postponed and re-positioned to March 9, 2017,” a Facebook post on the Florence Civic Center page said.
North Carolina remains in a state of emergency and South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley issued an executive order this week to more quickly move gasoline supplies.
“This is a major show for the region which attracts fans within a 1 to 2 hour drive and beyond. We understand the growing concerns for Toby’s fans and our own fans as we’ve been receiving distress messages over the past couple days,” said Florence Civic Center General Manager, Kendall Wall.
Senior Marketing Manager Nick Hooker says there has been a lot of speculation about ticket sales having something to do with the cancellation, but management stressed that they had every intention to proceed until they received calls and inquiries about fuel.
All tickets previously issued, including $10 tickets and any won through different venues, will remain valid for the new date set for March 9, 2017. Refunds will be made accessible for a limited time to ticket purchasers unavailable to attend the revised date and requiring a refund.