GEORGETOWN, SC (WBTW) – Based on plans announced at the state level this morning for a potential evacuation of Zone A in Georgetown County at 7 a.m. Thursday, Georgetown County will continue offering shuttle service to the emergency shelter in Andrews throughout Thursday.
An emergency shelter opened this morning at Andrews Elementary School at 13072 County Line Rd. Transportation will be offered tomorrow beginning at 7 a.m., with pickup points at the same seven locations around the county as today. Pickup locations will be at:
- Food Lion in Murrells Inlet, 760 Mink Ave. (Hwy. 707 and Hwy. 17)
- Waccamaw Middle School, 247 Wildcat Way, Pawleys Island
- Waccamaw Elementary School, 1364 Waverly Rd., Pawleys Island
- St. Mary’s AME Church, 8833 Ocean Hwy., Pawleys Island
- Tractor Supply Co., 1295 N. Fraser St., Georgetown
- St. Cyprian’s Catholic Church, 1905 Front St., Georgetown
- Food Lion in Maryville, 2234 S. Fraser St., Georgetown
Two shuttles will run on a circuit throughout the day, with the first leaving from Murrells Inlet at 7 a.m. and the second leaving at 8 a.m. Trips will continue as needed throughout the day.