CONWAY, SC (WBTW) – Horry County Emergency Management released the statement below:
- Horry County damage assessment teams began at 8 a.m. this morning.
- The Horry County Emergency Operations Center Phone Bank lines are temporarily down and should be operational shortly.
- The Governor is the only one who can rescind evacuation orders and has not yet done so.
- 131+ roads closed and/or impassable.
- Travelers should check with their airlines for current flight status.
- There continues to be widespread power outages throughout Horry County. Utility crews are working to restore power as quickly as is safely possible. It is estimated that it will take several days to fully restore electrical services throughout the county.
- There are still widespread reports of downed powerlines and trees. Horry County officials are strongly encouraging people to stay off the roads.
- Due to widespread flooding, citizens are reminded to NEVER drive around barricades/barrels/road closed signs, and to NEVER drive through standing water.
- Citizens are encouraged to only call 911 for life safety emergencies.