Realtors association offers mortgage or rental assistance grants for Hurricane Matthew victims

The Pee Dee continues to dig out after unprecedented flooding from Hurricane Matthew caught many off guard.

FLORENCE, S.C. (WBTW) – If you have damage to your home from Hurricane Matthew you may qualify for up to $1,000 to help pay your mortgage or rent.

The Pee Dee Realtor Foundation partnered with the Realtor Relief Foundation to help victims with storm damage. The National Realtors Association donated $150,000. The South Carolina Realtor Association donated $40,000.

Pee Dee Realtors associates say the goal is to dispense all of the money – nearly $190,000 to help people of the Pee Dee.

Mitch Hodge, President of the Pee Dee Realtors Association said, “We’re out in communities every single day. That is our lives’ blood. That’s what we care about. It’s just another way we give back to our communities.”

The Pee Dee Realtors Association gave out over 200 applications at the Team SC day in Marion County last Friday. Applications are processed on a first come first serve basis.

Anyone with damage to homes is eligible to apply. You can apply to this in addition to Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) because it is a separate organization.


You must meet the following guidelines in order to qualify for this program:

  • Complete this application and submit it along with all other required documents.
  • Recipient must be a full-time resident and U.S. citizen or legally admitted for residence in the United States.
  • Must include Proof of Residency (e.g. copy of your driver’s license or other governmental documentation evidencing residency.)
  • Must include your last mortgage statement or payment coupon with your application. If renting temporary housing, please include a copy of your current monthly rent statement or lease.
  • The following documents are required to show proof of damage to your primary residence. 1. Photos of Damages 2. Insurance Estimate 3. Copies of Repair Estimates from Contractors.
  • Property must be your primary residence and must be in a designated disaster area.