CONWAY, SC (WBTW) – The Horry County school district plans to buy 16 modular classrooms that will cost a total of $1.7 million.
The classrooms are needed to offset the large number of students coming into the district each year.
The following schools will get the classrooms in 2017:
- Aynor Elementary School: 4 (3rd and 4th grade classrooms and a computer lab)
- Carolina Forest Elementary School: 4 (3rd, 4th, 5th plus Fine Arts)
- Aynor High School: 1 (Orchestra, orchestra storage)
- Myrtle Beach High School: 1 (classrooms)
- St. James High School: 4 (classrooms)
- Academy for the Arts, Science and Technology: 1 (classrooms)