LORIS, SC – The McLeod Seacoast Angels, an association of women organized under the auspices of the McLeod Foundation benefiting McLeod Seacoast, recently granted close to $3,000 raised by members of the women’s philanthropy group. This funding will go toward improvement of departmental efficiency and provide additional support for patients.
McLeod Seacoast Foundation Angels grants include:
- Respiratory Patient Scale- $275 to purchase a patient scale to measure weight and height for pulmonary patients on the day of their exam.
- Radiology Wheel Chairs- $750 to purchase 3 additional wheelchairs for transportation within the hospital. The continued growth of McLeod Seacoast has created a need for more transportation assistance to and from other departments as well as outpatients who need assistance to their vehicles.
- Sound Monitors to Track Noise Levels- $700 to purchase 7 noise monitors for each patient area at McLeod Seacoast. The devices measure sound decibel levels and alert staff when the noise level is deemed inappropriate for patient comfort and healing.
- Emergency Department Dental Box- $600 to purchase a dental box that contains everything needed to take care of patients with dental pain, loose teeth, knocked out teeth, etc. The Emergency Department would be able to temporarily fix teeth until the patient could get to a dentist so there’s no suffering during evenings or weekends.
- McLeod Seacoast H.O.P.E. Fund- $500 contribution to the Helping Oncology Patients Everyday (H.O.P.E) Fund. The H.O.P.E. Fund was established cancer patient support services and to provide the oncology staff with the improved access for the immediate assistance for their patients. The H.O.P.E Fund assists patients who have financial barriers to care.