Second arrest made in Aynor shooting that killed 16-year-old

Michael Williamson (left) and Nathan Bell (right) faces charges connected to the shooting death of a 16-year-old in Aynor.

AYNOR, SC (WBTW) – A second man has been arrested in connection with the shooting in Aynor Sunday morning that killed a 16-year-old child.

Horry County Police confirm they have arrested two people in connection to the shooting.

According to department spokesperson Krystal Dotson, officers arrested 47-year-old Michael Williamson, of Aynor, in connection with the death. Booking records reflect Williamson is being held at the J Reuben Long Center for assault, voluntary manslaughter and possession of a weapon during a violent crime.

Officers also arrested Nathan Bell, 35, of Loris, on four counts of unlawful neglect bu a legal custodian and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Horry County police stated on Twitter Sunday morning at 9:01 a.m. that officers are investigating the shooting that occurred on Good Luck Road in Aynor.

Officials say in a press release they were called to the hospital Sunday after a male victim arrived with a gunshot wound.

The Horry County Coroner’s office identified the victim as 16-year-old Spencer Prince of Loris. Chief Deputy Coroner Tamara Willard confirms Prince died at Grand Strand Hospital after being shot Sunday morning.

Over the course of the investigation, detectives learned a fight took place at the suspect’s home on Good Luck Road and shots were fired.

The report from Horry County Police clarifies officers also responded to an assault call at the home around 2:45 a.m. Sunday.

The police report states the victim and three others came to the home after having an argument with the suspect’s son. The report also says the people came to the location to fight the suspect and three more people because they were not invited to a party.

When police arrived, they discovered a broken row boat paddle, a broken pool stick, a broken broomstick, blood in the roadway and two shell casings at the location. Williamson was at the home when police arrived, and the report states that he had a deep, long cut above his eye and a bad scrape on his knee.

The police report states the home was equipped with a surveillance system and the responding officer reviewed video footage of a portion of the incident. The video depicts a white Tahoe arriving at the suspect’s house and multiple people exiting the car and a fight breaking out.

“At the end of the video [responding officer] observed numerous people trying to take the gun away from the suspect in the driveway,” the report says. One witness took the clip out of the gun and put it in his front pocket, the report explains.