Murder arrest made after man found in ‘pool of blood’ in Galivants Ferry home

GALIVANTS FERRY, SC (WBTW) – The Horry County Police Department arrested a man they say murdered a man in a Galivants Ferry home Thursday night.

Police say the victim was found with a wound on his neck, shot to death in his Galivants Ferry home.

Horry County Police Public Information Officer Krystal Dotson confirms 26-year-old Jonathan Allen is charged with murder in connection to the killing.

According to an Horry County Police report, officers were called to a home on Grainloyd Road around 11:50 p.m. Thursday night. Officers arrived to find several people standing in the front yard of the home. Once inside, police discovered a man lying on the floor of a bedroom who “appeared to have a laceration to his throat and was unresponsive lying in a pool of blood.” After a wound analysis, warrants from police clarify that the victim was shot by Allen, not stabbed.

The Horry County Coroner released a statement Tuesday explaining that the injury described by witnesses and the initial responding officers as a laceration was later revealed to be a gunshot wound.  The cause of death was initially withheld by the coroner’s office until interviews were complete, as only the investigators and the perpetrator knew the source of the injury.

The report also notes that the victim had “severe trauma” to the right side of his face and neck.

The police report lists the victim as a 43-year-old man. According to Michelle McSpadden with the Horry County Coroner’s Office, the victim has been identified as Boyd Wayne Graham, who lived in the home.

Police questioned two people who found Graham and learned that another person had been at the home earlier in the evening, the report states. The man was found by officers walking down the road not far from the crime scene and was taken to the police station for an interview, the report states.

While details of the interview were not released in the police report, officers note that the man was questioned and then taken back to the crime scene to get his vehicle. It is unclear if Allen, the man currently charged with the murder, was the man questioned the night of the murder.

Online booking records show Allen was just released from jail May 19 after serving 10 days for charges of failure to appear, possession of cocaine, and resisting arrest.